New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Here's your chance to stretch your type muscles on a weekly basis. You have one week to create and submit your entry. Anyone may submit a design response to the challenge. You may enter as often as you wish. Post anytime. Critiques and comments are welcome throughout the game, from participants and spectators alike. Smack talk is encouraged.
As with any street battle, there is no panel of judges and no prize — only the ability to call yourself the best on the block.
Link directly to this thread: http://www.typophile.com/battle22
- Image size: 550 width x 400 height. 72 dpi
- Color: Full color or BW -- you decide!
- Format: Please save your graphics as PNG or JPG
// THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:
It is time to leave the comforts of digital technology (at least partially) and get back to the basics. Utilizing the tool of your choice, scratch the following word into an object or surface:
- Tools might include: a knife, a stick or your fingernails.
- Objects may be: an apple, a stone or your arm.
- Photograph or scan the results and submit to the battle.
There is no photoshoppery or digital manipulation of any kind allowed!
Winner take all, no holds barred. May be the best designer win.