New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Like past years' the Typophile Film Fest 6 is wide open to anything relevant to typography; motion graphics, design history, type design. Material can be educational, experimental, inspiring or humorous.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Film Titling
- Promotional pieces showcasing a typeface
- Motion Picture Studio work
- Studio reels showing a strength in typography or motion type
- Experimental or animated fonts
- Short stories or animations
- Client work
- Student work
By submitting a piece for consideration, you affirm that you retain rights to such work, and that you acknowledge the right of Typophile to use the work for festival exhibition and promotion.
- Finalists will be chosen by Typophile at its sole discretion.
- This is a showcase. Induction into the film fest indicates a level of quality but no awards are given.
- All work shown will be properly credited in Typophile Film Festival materials.
Minimum size: 640 x 480 (broadcast) or 720 x 480 (DVD)
Frames per second: 24 or more
Maximum Length: 15 minutes (00:15:00)
Minimum Length: 30 seconds (00:00:30)
Digital formats are preferred, on CD, DVD or downloadable from your site. If you have old footage that exists in an obsolete format (including VHS tape or Mini-DV), send us an email to discuss any special considerations or arrangements.
- Digital: Quicktime preferred (.mov, .mpeg) Place onto a dataCD or data DVD and mail to the address below. If your piece was created in Flash and your aspect ratio is other than 720 x 480, we suggest you add a black mask to "crop" your piece so that your SWF will be scaled properly when you prepare it for Quicktime output.
- Download: DO NOT email your file(s). You may upload them to your own server and email us the URL to download. Do not submit raw Premier, After Effects or Final Cut files. Only exported, uncompressed files will be considered.
Submissions should be received by Tuesday, March 31, 2009.
Send films to:
attn: Typophile Film Fest 6
170 Maiden Lane, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
Email: typophile at punchcut dot com