The new version of DTL OTMaster supports the new COLR and CPAL tables deﬁned by Microsoft.
First there is a new color glyph viewer:
The Color Viewer shows all the glyphs in deﬁned in the COLR table. One can display the
complete glyphs as well as the individual layers.
Entries in the glyph color viewer are fully editable; the palette index can be modiﬁed and individual layers can be added or deleted.
The content of the tables will be displayed as usual as a nested list.
Below is the example for the COLR table from Microsoft’s Segoe UI Emoji font (part of Windows 8.1).
This table is editable, one can create new entries, add color glyph records or change the palette index. This allows to add colored glyphs to any font with OTM in a simple way:
– Create the necessary glyphs with OTM’s glyph copy and editing tools
– Copy an empty COLR/CPAL table from another font
– Modify the COLR/CPAL table
The glyph palette CPAL is also editable and will be shown as follows:
The CPAL table can be edited as usual; records can be deleted, added, copied or modiﬁed
Here is an example for adding colored glyphs:
1. Select the base glyph (in this case 71)
2. Copy it to new positions (246, 247, 248)
3. Edit the glyphs (delete selected contours)
4. Edit the COLR table