I really need some help please

xpixelx's picture

I am a new comer to this forums and I have a small question. Does anyone know what the name for the dot on the lowercase "i" and "j" is?

Thx in advanced. I really need help with this

mart's picture

Robert Bringhurst in "The Elements of Typographic Style" (wouldn't it be great if he joined this forum?) has nothing to say on this subject, save to call it a "dot", only in reference to the fact that in Turkish there exists a "dotless i".

hrant's picture

I've heard it called a "tittle", which sure sounds nice, but I just call it "dot".


xpixelx's picture

Thx alot

I have had no luck looking for this either
thx again

Syndicate content Syndicate content