Type design (strictly)
- MA Typeface Design
- Type & Media (1-year postgraduate course) at KABK, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Teachers: Jan Willem Stas, Erik van Blokland, Peter Verheul, Frank Blokland, Petr van Blokland, Françoise Berserik, Peter Bilak, Robin Kinross, Paul van der Laan, Frans van Mourik, Christoph Noordzij, Just van Rossum, Fred Smeijers
- Carrera de Diseño de Tipografía (CDT-UBA) (1 and a half-year postgraduate course) at Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA), Buenos Aires, Argentina
Director: Rubén Fontana. Academic coordinator: Marcela Romero. Teachers: Carlos Carpintero, Miguel Catopodis, Pablo Cosgaya, Aldo De Losa, Griselda Flesler, Ruben Fontana, Tomás García Ferrari, Víctor García, Patricio Gatti, Horacio Gorodischer, Alejandro Lo Celso, Darío Muhafara, Betina Naab, Alejandro Paul, Mariana Podetti, María Eugenia Roballos, Eduardo Tunni, Marcela Romero, José Scaglione, Andrés Torresi.
- The Type@Cooper certificate programs at the Cooper Union in New York City. Language: English
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) Type Design at Hochschule der Künste, Zürich, Switzerland. 1-year part-time program.
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Type Design and Typography at Hochschule der Künste, Zürich, Switzerland. 2-year part-time program.
Teachers: Hans-Jürg Hunziker, André Baldinger, Rudolf Barmettler; guest lecturers have included Hans Eduard Meier, Robin Kinross, Fred Smeijers, Gerard Unger, Erik van Blokland, Jeremy Tankard, Bruno Maag, Luc(as) de Groot, Ole Schäfer, Peter Bilak
Language: German (plus some French & English)
- ‘DSAA Création Typographique’ (2-year program) at Ecole Estienne, Paris, France
- 3-year Bachelor program in Type Design & 1-year ‘Meisterschüler’ program at Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst/Academy of Visual Arts in Leipzig, Germany
Supervised by Fred Smeijers
Language: German (English?)
- Master’s degree at Centro de Estudios Gestalt, Veracruz, Mexico
- Non-academic: Font Bureau Operated by Berlow and others in Boston, USA, with design collaborators including Roger Black, Cyrus Highsmith, Jill Pichotta, and others, as suggested by Paul
See also: Studying type design by Luc Devroye.
Typography, Graphic Design, Visual Communication etc.
- California College of the Arts (Formerly CCAC) in San Francisco and Oakland, California
- The San Francisco Center for the Book in San Francisco, California
- Columbia College Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, Massachusetts
- Monserrat College of Art in Beverly, Massachusetts
- College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) with Melbert B. Cary Jr. Graphic Arts Collection and The Goudy International Center for Font Technology and Aesthetics in Rochester, New York
- Cooper Union with Graphic Design image archive at Cooper Union and Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography in New York City
- (FIT) in New York City
- Parsons School of Design in New York City
- Pratt Institute in New York City
- School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City
- North Carolina State in Raleigh, North Carolina
- University of the Arts Philadelphia(Formerly Philadelphia College of Art)
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) in Providence, Rhode Island
- Brigham Young University (BYU) (Visual Arts Department) in Provo, Utah
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU Graphic Design) in Richmond, Virginia
- (Visual Communication Design) in Seattle, Washington