to buy FL 4.6 or to wait to v. 5 Studio? (Mac)
That really depends how much you need FontLab :) FontLab Studio 5 for Mac is likely to be released at the end of this year but it's surely still a few months to go.
Thank you Adam (well... I just don't want to pay now and couple months later to pay again — upgrade... )
BTW, "the end of this year" — 11/05, 12/05? ahh... and what about Fontographer?
The FontLab folks don't work on such rigid schedules - they can make an estimate, but the odds are good that it will slip further. Leastways, based on past experience and my last chat with Adam on the topic.
Still, it's hard to complain: they make fine software, and are really good about bug fixes and improvements based on user feedback.