Kris Sowersby is an independent type designer, typographer and graphic designer. Based in Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, he runs the KLIM Type Foundry. Three of his typefaces have been awarded TDC2 awards. National in 2007, Hardys and Serrano in 2008.
Kris has designed or collaborated on the following typefaces:
- Feijoa (2007, a serif family for text, Village).
- National (2007–2009 a sans serif family, Village).
- FF Meta Serif (2007, Serif counterpart to FF Meta, designed with Christian Schwartz and Erik Spiekermann, microsite).
- Newzald (2008, a serif family for text, Village ).
- Galaxie Copernicus (2009, a reconsideration of Plantin, designed with Chester Jenkins, Village ).
- Eliza (2003).
- Rewards (2006).
- NZ Rugby Chisel (2006, The All Blacks Typeface).
- Hokotohu (2007, A typeface for the Moriori).
- Victoria Sans and Serif (2007, Custom typefaces for Victoria University).
- Hardys (2008, a typeface for Constellation Wines Australia).
- Methven Flow (2008, a typeface for Methven).
- Serrano (2008, a typeface for The Bank of New Zealand).