Width between Regular and Condensed?

Primary tabs

1 post / 0 new
Dan Reynolds's picture
Joined: 20 Jul 2002 - 11:00am
Width between Regular and Condensed?

Is there a type width between Regular and Condensed?

If there would be such a width, would it be too much of a splitting hairs sort of thing for users to understand?

I've got a typeface in the works whose regular width is just too extended for my tastes. But for certain reasons, it has to be labeled the "regular" width. I have condensed weights too, which aren't really all that condensed, but are narrower than the regular.

Short of renaming my axis points (which isn't a possibility here), is there a proper name for a width that would lie between these two points?