A client of ours is completely in love with TFForver by Treacyfaces. I've never heard of that foundry before and would love to check before we actually buy/use it. I also see a few problematic issues with it, so i'd be very interested to hear of any alternatives in the same vein…
so here goes my questions:
1) Does anybody have any experiences with fonts by this foundry? Are they ok in a technical sense/production-proof?
2) Does anybody know wheter TFForever was inspired by something else, as I'd like to have the option of offering the "real deal" to our client, onyl in case there is any of course…
Here's the issues i have with it, all IMO of course:
– too tightly spaced
– lc r shape does make for big white holes when followed by a rounded character or touches next character.
– Capitals too heavy for my liking compared with lowercase, esp in the heavier weights.
– overall a bit too quirky for my liking
So if anybody could suggest some alternatives that avoid these issues and come across a bit more serious/less quirky in the details, i'd be grateful, as i feel this face isn't 100% up to the standard we'd want to supply, no offence intended.
Here's a test setting from their site (Regular and Demi):