"Royal" bastardized Clarendon Black

I believe this is a bastardized version of Clarendon Black?
Am I correct?
If there is a closer typeface please advise.

The large “r” with the balloon like feature, any ideas if this is a typeface or was it hand drawn?



Search myfonts.com for "wide slab" and you'll see that there are actually quite a few wide, woodtype-derived slab serifs that this might have come from.

Isn't that Wide Latin?