technical drawing font?

70's picture

does anybody recognise this font?

img0003.jpg374.17 KB
AndrewSipe's picture

Chances are it's hand lettered using a template, most technical drawings are hand lettered / template lettered.

I'd suggest Simpliciter Sans

vincentg's picture

DIN16 should do as well.

Edit: FF DIN comes close actually...

marcox's picture

Good call, Asvetic. Another rounded, template-based option would be Gravur Condensed from Lineto.

Ken Messenger's picture

or Bryant

...modeled around the popular Wrico lettering kits used by draftsmen and amateur sign makers in the 1960s and ’70s...

Stephen Coles's picture

Or DIN 17. I do not know 16, Vincent. Can you show?

Nick Cooke's picture

Chevin - like a more characterful, rounded Din.

Nick Cooke

vincentg's picture

Stephen, I couldn't find a link on FontShop nor MyFonts. I did find it under FontFactory. There is also an old thread on Typophile. Can't seem to find a purchase link I'm afraid...

Stephen Coles's picture

Ahh, funny that I recommended 16 in that thread. 2003 -- so long ago.

Mecanorma is sadly in trademark limbo. Cannot purchase ahora.

vincentg's picture

Think I got it from a friend back in 2000–2001. Wanted to get my hands on any fonts that were clean & geometric after having used several letter rulers in Secondary school. Just loved setting them on paper with a traditional pen!

Syndicate content Syndicate content