The Great Gatsby original book cover

Can anyone tell me what the two fotns are that are used for the original Great Gatsby cover? The one with the eyes overlooking the amusement park. Thanks!


Most likely hand-drawn (the 'G's are different widths). There might be something out there that looks similar though.

- Lex

You might like Handle Old Style, Belwe or Trieste.

For the "The", Bookman Swash has a 'Th' ligature that comes close.