New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Create an account
Typophile RSS | More Feeds
can I have comments from type experts on the type I created from
other fonts for a logo I am doing.
Tried to view your jpg, but the following message appears:
The image “http://typophile.com/files/eloize2_0.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
oups, the jpg was in cmyk,
here it is
What is it for?
a people circus,
Éloize means: a night by the beach thunder in a north region of Quebec.
It is a slang word. It is not a big ''BANG''. It is more a thunder with
little noise that create a lot of light in the sky.
It is also a redesign of there actual logo.
The ''Z'' need to stand out (representing a bit the flow of a Eloize thunder
sample needs to be bigger, and you might get more feedback that way.
also, it should be in the critique section, and you only need to start one thread. :)
that said .... :)
• Bottom horizontal stroke on the C seems too short.
• stress on the O is completely different than the C and Q above. Not sure that you
need the angled stress on the O.
• Cirque colors light compared to Eloize, not sure if that's your intention. Cirque feels like it's too small.
• kerning needs some work. Compare the E-L combo, for example, to the O-I.
• the Z-E seems like it would work better if the Z was longer and extended further right, which would also help narrow the large gap.
• The tail on the Q ... maybe it should mimic the Z?
best of luck eric.
The Z does not conform to the feel of the other characters. It has a sweeping swash tail as opposed to a straight line terminating in a curve.
If you're going to take the Z away from the style of the other letterforms, you could explore playing with the Z so it is perhaps more illustrative - suggestive of a bolt of lightning or something similar (which will tie in with your Eloize theme). It needs some thought and sensitivity though.
BJ harvey makes a good observation with the C, Q and O not being the same. Id choose one or the other and stick to it.
Wicked Design Potions
these are really good comments.
Now, back to work