Would you like to help me with homework; or, What is the two-letter abbreviation for Cheltenham?

enrico_limcaco's picture

I find myself reformatting a page of type specimen boilerplate based on a sheet of Akzidenz Grotesk for a design class. However, I know diddly squat about the origins of this page...perhaps its from an old Berthold book (judging from the body copy) or something? I'm looking for the official two-letter abbreviation for Cheltenham that would appear where the "Ak" is (upper-left corner).

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Don McCahill's picture


I don't know that there are two letter abbreviations for fonts, the way there are for countries and states.

eliason's picture

My guess is that's just an index indicating the letters beginning the first font's name - like you'd see at the top of a dictionary page for easier thumbing-through ("cil - cla").

So if your Chelt is the first font on the page, I'd use Ch.

twardoch's picture


I think so too.


enrico_limcaco's picture

Cool. I didn't think anyone standardized that kind of thing. Thanks for taking on my silly question! Enrico

Syndicate content Syndicate content