"MODERN" Typeface? (ahh, the irony...)

fmcausby's picture

Forgive this typographic nightmare, but does anyone have an idea of what typeface the word "Modern" is in?

I'm also looking for faces that might be similar.

Scott Leyes's picture

Gill Sans Extra bold (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/gill-sans/extra-bold/) is similar... at least, it feels similar. The Hard points remind me of Bureau Eagle Bold (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontbureau/eagle/bold/), but it's not that clunky. The "E" just gives me a headache. Ick.

fmcausby's picture

Yeah, Eagle Bold is about the closest I've come. After doing a little research I also found Kobalt Bold, and Bovine. Gill Sans Extra Bold is the first thing I thought of, too, although the "m" and "n" feel more like Eagle.

Mark Simonson's picture

I think it's Gill, but with a modified or redrawn M and N.

Syndicate content Syndicate content