This is how it works:
- A couple of words are published in the Type ID Pop Quiz, possibly -- but not necessarily -- providing a hint.
- Try to identify the typeface. To win, you need to e-mail me the correct name of the typeface and its designer. Do not reply in the thread itself to allow other enthusiasts to participate.
- Show off your knowledge by casually mentioning additional trivia, like who designed it, when and by whom was it (first) published, and other cool stuff to impress your fellow Typophiles with.
- Every Monday a new challenge will be posted by the first person to e-mail me the correct answer. The sample should be two lines of centered text (minimum 36 pt), black on white background, presented in a 480 x 160 pixel rectangle, including a R204G000B00 1 pixel border.
- The person who posts a challenge can't win the next game.
In case of any disputes, I will act as judge, jury and avenging angel of wrath.
If you think this is too easy, maybe try the Intermediary Level Type ID Pop Quiz or Expert Level Type ID Pop Quiz.
Good luck everyone, and have fun. ;^)
With respectful thanks to the originator of this utterly useless but highly entertaining waste of time, the often imitated but never duplicated Cheshire Dave.