Audio Symbol

Brieck's picture

Hi all, I'm looking for a T1 font that has – or only exists of – an audio symbol. Anybody can help me out?
Thanks in advance, Brieck

Stephen Coles's picture

Not sure which symbol you're looking for. Is it one of these? Any reason it has to be T1?

clauses's picture

There was also a font called 'Rainbow' filled with symbols pertaining to audio, records, copyright and such. I remember using it back in the nineties, and I have no idea who made it. It might come from a CD stamper plant or a record label.

Brieck's picture

Well, I'm not sure what they have in mind, but I guess that a any of the symbols below would be just fine;
(or just only that 'play' triangle)

I prefer T1 (perhaps a ttf might work) because I'm doing this project in 'good old' Corel Ventura. And this magnificent programm can be quite picky when it comes to exotic otf.
Thanks guys, Brieck

Stephen Coles's picture

I'll take your "magnificent" for sarcasm. ;)

FF Dingbats has the first symbol.

Brieck's picture

Sarcasm? Not really. I've worked with Ventura for more than 10 years. Quark was – for obivious reasons – not an option for book design and Indesign didin't exist yet – for years.

Ever worked with Ventura Stephan?

Thanks for the links, both, much appreciated, Brieck.

clauses's picture

Ahh, Ventura Publisher. Memory lane... Back in the days I switched to Quark - for obvious reasons.

Brieck's picture

Günni, I picked the mac-dingbats. Thanks. I've searched for a video symbol as well. Harder to define; is there like a global video symbol? Sure, Mac has its QT etcetera.
Got an idea?

GünniGutenberg's picture

The problem with the free font sites is that a lot of their fonts, especially the dingbats, are autotraced and look odd in certain sizes. I’m sure you know this already, nevertheless I wanted to warn you :) Didn’t check the MacDingbats, though.

Can’t think of a universal video symbol right know, but how about an eye symbol?
And an ear for audio?

eliason's picture

is there like a global video symbol?

My first thought is the bowed rectangle that looks like a TV screen (from the days before flat-screen); like the one two from the left and three down on the link Stephen Coles first posted above.

Syndicate content Syndicate content