Flower Crosswords are distinguished by their Rules + Clues + Goals:
_________________ Words in a flower _________________
1. are filtered out of a School Dictionary,
2. are of the same length (3,4,5 or 6-letter long),
3. go clockwise + CCW, from the tips of the petals toward the flower's heart,
4. are controlled by a SINGLE letter forming an OUTSTANDING letter wheel,
In this sample, all the 4-letter words end with K, forming a K-wheel (blue in color).
_________________ A flower can be made Cluless if _________________
1. only the vowels (A,E,I,O,U) are given/taken away, or
2. one or more letter-wheels is given/taken away, or
3. a list of the CW +/or the CCW words is given.
Out of a single n-petal Flower Crossword, 2n Flower Crosswords can be made simply by CW+CCW rotating it one letter 2n times, thus helping teachers to test classrooms of 2n learners without allowing them to copy from one another.
______________ Flowers are set with these Goals _______________
1. Multiplying ones vocabulary with less effort+time by exploiting their Word-Doubling property:
_ If less than half of the clues is answered, the crossword is done.
2. Building error-free spelling with the help of the error-detecting & correcting letter-wheels.
_ Example: BOOK can not be BOKE to go in line with the K-wheel?
3. Emphasizing narrowly distinguished tones & subsequently
4. Strengthening Tongue-Twisting with the help of keywords.
_ Hold the K-Flower for example & go on twisting+turning+singing a song with the 4-letter K-words.
5. Developing memory efficiency & intelligence by attacking words from different positions:
_ If FISH is attacked 3 times (in F,S+H flowers), won't it be fully digested?
6. Encouraging communication in English through an integrated approach where grammar skills are not formally taught but naturally assimilated through constant practice of the language.
7. More to be discovered.
Happy Exploring with Flowers