New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I've been banging away turning what started as a harmless diversion into a working typeface. This is my first script type, so it took some doing getting high/low joins and alts. At the moment I'm fleshing out the uppercase which is trickier than I expected.
Here are some talking points:
• I'm thinking of calling it Moped Script. Thoughts?
• I have alts that create a non-looped version. Should loops be default, or straight?
• Occasionally loops crash into neighbors. I don't want to add letterspacing. What do you think of the contextual alts in these cases? (I like the descenders, but not ascenders)
• Should I make the caps work in all cap setting? Is it important that they physically connect to the lowercase
• Any other thoughts or ideas that could make this better?