// THE CHALLENGE
You will create a book cover, using a fictitious title and an image from the LIFE photo archive.
Winner take all, no holds barred. May the best designer win.
Follow these steps below:
1. The first article title on the Wikipedia Random Articles page
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random) is the title of your book.
2. Go to the LIFE photo archive (http://images.google.com/hosted/life) and enter the title (or part of the title) as your search term. Use any image from the search result for your book.
3. (optional) Include your name as the author of your book.
4. Use your graphics application of choice to throw them together,
and post the result.
- Final Image size: 550 width. 72 dpi*
- Color: Any
- Format: JPG or PNG
*Please try to keep your file sizes to a minimum! Our server is taking quite a beating with all this imagery. So compress, compress compress! Thanks :)
// ABOUT TYPOPHILE TYPE BATTLES
This is your chance to stretch your type muscles on a weekly basis. You have one week to create and submit your entry. Anyone may submit a design response to the challenge. You may enter as often as you wish. Post anytime. Critiques and comments are welcome throughout the game, from participants and spectators alike. Smack talk is encouraged.
As with any street battle, there is no panel of judges and no prize — only the ability to call yourself the best on the block.