Security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat
- From Adobe's website:
- [[http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-02.html|Security Advisory for Adobe Reader and Acrobat]]
- Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Reader 9.2 and Acrobat 9.2 for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX, and Adobe Reader 8.1.7 and Acrobat 8.1.7 for Windows and Macintosh. These vulnerabilities could cause the application to crash and could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe Reader 9.2 and Acrobat 9.2 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX update to Adobe Reader 9.3 and Acrobat 9.3. Adobe recommends users of Acrobat 8.1.7 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh update to Acrobat 8.2. For Adobe Reader users on Windows and Macintosh who cannot update to Adobe Reader 9.3, Adobe has provided the Adobe Reader 8.2 update. Updates apply to all platforms: Windows, Macintosh and UNIX.
- iDefense Labs Public Advisory
- [[http://labs.idefense.com/intelligence/vulnerabilities/display.php?id=836|Adobe Reader and Acrobat JpxDecode Memory Corruption Vulnerability]]
- Remote exploitation of a memory corruption vulnerability in multiple versions of Adobe Systems Inc.'s Reader and Acrobat PDF reader and processor could allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the current user.