(x) Generic Slab Font needed to be Identified - Berthold Baskerville {Nina}

Mac_Ink's picture

I know I've seen this one a million times but just can pin it.. any help?

Mac_Ink's picture

ah! I think youre right. I've been searching there for a 1/2hr. Thanks much!

nina's picture

You're welcome. BTW, WhatTheFont gets pretty close for this.
The BE version is quite similar too, but the BQ has the inktraps, and looking at your "M" that's probably a closer match. There might be other versions, but I think the general direction is right. :)

Mac_Ink's picture

The BE version is exactly it, the R and D are identical. Nice work!

bowfinpw's picture

I'm surprised to learn that the BE and BQ versions of Berthold fonts are different. What's the reason for two abbreviations? Was one of them the Adobe/Berthold version?

- Mike Yanega

nina's picture

I don't know what "BE" and "BQ" means actually, I was just lookin' at the pictures. :)
I was sorta hoping for someone to explain.

Florian Hardwig's picture

@Mike, Nina: BQ = Berthold Quality, BE = Berthold Exklusiv, whatever that means. Also see the FAQ at bertholdtypes.com. It’s a mess. This place apparently isn’t run by type users, let alone designers.

Syndicate content Syndicate content