Steuerstrich / Lubberline Glyph?

Michael Hernan's picture

Has anyone come across a glyph called 'steuerstrich' or have any idea what it might be used for typographically speaking?

Bonus points to show example of usage.

Michael Hernan's picture

Oh that title looks gorgeous in Hermes.

Florian Hardwig's picture

Steuerstrich is the German word for lubber line. It is an essential marking on a compass. As it usually is just a simple line, I have no idea why one would need to have a glyph for it.

Syndicate content Syndicate content