Welcome to Typophile
Please Sign in.

(x) a common extended typeface of old electronics - Microgramma aka Eurostile Extended {Ryuk, Riccardo}

I have an old Sanyo portable cassette player, and the labels on it are in an extended typeface that was relatively common for electronics back when transistor amplification (solid-state) was a whole new thing. I'd ideally like to find a set of it in movable type, but the name of the face would be a good start. I'm sure it has plenty of clones, so if anyone knows of one, it'd do for now.


It's definitely Microgramma, I'm going to buy some 10-16pt lead type whenever I find some.

I don't think I'll buy the font. Computer fonts always neglect the way font size affects line weight, and this one is no exception.

Thanks for the help, Typophile community.