There are a few place holders in there that I plan on revising but general comments and critiques welcomed.
Seems like a nice concept, overall... and a lot of work! Some things I noticed:
- c and e could be more differentiated.
- b and d could be unique designs as opposed to mirrored versions of each other; same with p and q.
- r and m aren't doing it for me; I think they might look nicer with a stem on the left similar to what you have on n.
Other than that I think it's very interesting. I like how you "filled in" all of the counters while maintaining its legibility. Will there be capitals?
I'm considering adding numbers and maybe some puncuation but an upper case as well...that would be a whole other mountain, maybe in the future.
I agree with all your feedback wongxiao, but the problem is besides the c and e, I don't really have an approach in mind for the b and d (maybe a just a slight variation might do it) or for the p and q either.
I want this font to maintain a certain illustrated font look to it so I definitely want uniqueness to each letter, that is why I agree that the c,e,b,d,p, and q need to examined. However, I'm kind of weary to put a stem on the m and r cause it might begin to look formulaic with the letters.
You're right, this font has been alot of work, and working these last letters out is quite a challenge. Its like running a long marathon only to find a steep hill as you approach the finish.
The r is ambiguous. It could be mistaken for s or e in some contexts. This could be solved with a stem, but I think the real problem is the way you've curled the vertical under. I would redraw the r while looking at f as a positive example.
Made changes on many of the letters suggested. I'm still open critiques. I'm probably still going to touch up the r more since I pretty much borrowed it from the m. I changed the b and d, I borrowed the q from the b, which I don't mind cause the q is going to be minimally used, I might change a little on the inside though just to try give each character a unique touch.