I'm working on a set of packagings in different languages and I'd need to know what difficulties I could find in terms of type, composition, if it's written from left to right or top to bottom. If there's a wiki or a site where I can read information about it please let me know. Here's the list of the languages and what I know so far:
- greek: left to right, no problems with Myriad
- indonesian: from left to right, can work it out as english, no problem
- corean: top to bottom, no problems in terms of type but wondering how to work the text direction
- hindu: not sure if it's left to right, problems with type
- thai: not sure if it's left to right, problems with type
- chinese: from top to bottom and columns from left to right, I've tried with different types and I still keep getting the empty squares of missing character. If I move the text from horizontal to vertical in illustrator will it have the proper order?
- malasian: left to right, no problems
- arabic: from right to left, I have the world ready illustrator template and I can work it out with myriad
- japanese: top to bottom, no problems with this type:Adobe 명조 Std M but wondering how to work the text direction
- turkish: left to right, no problems with myriad
- tagalo: left to right, no problems
Thanks a lot!