Lately I have been trying to recognize some passing trends in magazine typography in order to find the roads less travelled myself. Thinking about this got me curious about the possible future trends in the world of magazine typography. So I am starting this thread for both fun and inspiration, as I am thinking there might be some inspiring and/or informed views present here.
I think it is a fair, although maybe a bit bold guess that in the near future we will see less of these past and current trends:
* extremely thin slab serifs
* extremely thin sans serifs
* didones (if it is even possible to move away from this)
* friendly and rounded slab serifs
* painfully narrow and tall sans serifs
The last two will probably go on for some while though.
But what do you think we will see more of in the coming two to three years?