New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
There is a job opening for a Font Administrator at the Penguin Group USA, based in New York. Below is a link to the information on their website and an overview of the requirements:
We are currently seeking a Font Administrator to support the design, marketing and managing editorial communities throughout the company by managing the processes for procurement, accessing and archiving all licensed fonts.
Specifically, the Font Administrator:
1. Negotiates agreements and interacts with our contracts department to ensure their compliance with our requirements.
2. Uploads and activates fonts on our corporate server and grants access as per the licensing agreements.
3. Works with all design departments to assess the need for new fonts.
4. Ensures compliance with corporate policy specific to font management.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Graphic Design degree or equivalent work experience
* Experience with license agreements (software, stock photography, or fonts)
* Experience with and clear understanding of font software
* Thorough understanding of the book publishing process, especially in the areas of book jacket and interior design
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
* Proficiency with both MAC and PC
* Negotiation skills a plus
* Experience building new fonts a plus