New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Product Marketing Manager
About the Job
Monotype Imaging is searching for the right Product Marketing Manager to direct and coordinate cross functional teams and activities for products, product lines, or product areas with the goal on expanding our Web Font Services product line and business. Responsibilities will include:
• Clearly accountable for the role of Web Font Services product owner in our agile product development process which includes being the product expert with the ability to provide technical leadership to the development team. Sets and manages priorities for both internal and external resources.
• Responsible for investigating new product ideas and identifying key product differentiators in terms of market potential and development/production costs.
• Will be a pro-active voice and evangelist for our products, technology and offerings both internally and to the global marketplace including coordinating sales, advertising and public relations efforts necessary to achieve our objectives.
• Will play a key role in pursuing strategic partnerships that drive revenue, working directly with all business development resources.
• Will serve as a liaison between Marketing and Sales for regular product education and messaging and will support sales during sales cycles and when drafting RFP/RFI responses on product specific issues.
• Will actively engage in market research and competitive analysis to develop product strategy and roadmap.
• Working with Corporate Marketing, will develop product positioning to drive on-line and off-line messaging to target market.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least seven (7) years related product marketing experience targeting the Web Design and Development industry, preferably with a focus on web based content management and publishing systems (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, etc).
• Expert level understanding of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and @font-face.
• Expert level understanding of OpenType and other font format capabilities and how they can be exercised in web font implementation across various browsers/OS scenarios.
• Experience with web based software distribution/monetization for design focused applications, fonts, images, utilities, plug-ins, etc.
• Experience managing products from development through product launch, ensuring the product’s success in the marketplace.
• Strong project management and coordination skills; and ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities and triage problems effectively to ensure satisfaction of all business units and customers, both internal and external.
• Ability to travel, domestic and international, as required in support of our sales team, our customers and our products.
• Excellent technical communication skills including the ability to write clearly and precisely.
This position provides very competitive compensation and a fantastic benefits package. In addition, this position will provide the right individual the opportunity for career growth in an energetic, business casual environment. For immediate consideration, please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer