Engraving workshop this Friday. This is a breezy overview of what is contemporary, commercial "engraving".
Friday, March 18 @ 6:00pm
Loyola University New Orleans
Media Room 1
(This workshop was also recently given at)
Tuesday, March 1 @ 5:00pm
Southeastern Louisiana University)
Each workshop will include:
• what is engraving and why do we love it.
• historic specimens of weird and fantastic engraving.
• contemporary applications for engraving.
• how to prepare art for engraving, and the various kinds of "engraving".
• how to engrave...
• ...or, how to work with an engraver (so you just have to design and leave the engraving to somebody else.)
• engraving resources (so, I have this engraving-appropriate type or art. Now, how and to whom do I send it to get it "engraved?").
Students of host university, ATypI, SOTA and AIGA members free; moderate fees may apply for non-members and students of other institutions.