Name this...thing

nicolemarie's picture

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has no place on a type design blog but I had really no idea where else to go.
( And this forum has always been so obliging in the past. )

I am trying to hunt down the name for this particular sort of device do-dad. I know it has been used many times for infographics and in puzzle games etc.
Some have called it a pinwheel but I know that's not right.

But I just can't figure out the name.

Here is a link to a digital form of this thing:

Any ideas?


russellm's picture

My first instinct is to call it a wheel calculator, or... something.

jonathanhughes's picture

I don't know if there's a generic name for them, but the kind I've used were called Proportion Wheels.

nicolemarie's picture

That's it! Thank you!

Syndicate content Syndicate content