I am currently studying graphic design and doing a project about typography, grids and layouts. I would like to know what everyone thinks about Grids and Layouts in Graphic Design.
• Thoughts about it..
• Is it necessary and why?
• Inspirational Designers using Grids
• Grids used in other art practices such as photography, architecture etc..
• Works you have done to do with Grids and Layout (if you are able to, please provide grid structure)
• Interesting articles and/or images relating to Grids
• Other relevant information and anything
else to share..
It would be great to state your background in Design or Type of Designer you are.
(eg publisher, packaging, typographer / freelancer, art director, design student etc.)