New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I am drafting an essay about ways that Adobe Creative Suite’s design hampers designers, teachers, and students. I plan to cover problems such as:
• the mélange of different, and bad, bezier editing tools through the suite
• poorly located and inconsistent OpenType feature menus
• inconsistent export dialogues across platforms
• the random and almost incomprehensible UI of Adobe Acrobat
• Indesign CS4, 5, and 5.5 having unnecessary version incompatibility with older versions
I am only interested in writing about glaring flaws that slow down workflow, require multiple applications to be combined for simple functionality, hamper cross-platform workflows. I am especially interested in problems that hamper teaching students to use basic functionality of applications. I do not want to just air my personal gripes. So before I proceed I want to know if other designers, teachers, and students have found issues that consistently waste time and cause problems over months or years.