New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
The TypeCon2002 TypeGallery is an unjuried showcase of new type designs and typography from around the world. The TypeGallery will be on exhibit continuously during TypeCon2002, July 12-14, 2002, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. An online exhibition will go live at the TypeGallery website after the close of the conference.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Any designer or foundry (commercial or independent) may submit a maximum of three new type designs for inclusion in the TypeGallery.
- Fonts may be commercially available, proprietary or not available for distribution. Samples of hand-lettering may also be submitted.
- Type designs must have been completed and/or released between July 2001-July 2002.
- Each submission should be printed at 11 x 17 inches or A3 in size, and mounted flush to white foamcore board. Unmounted entries will NOT be exhibited.
- Entries may be in black-and-white or color.
- Boards should show one typeface or family in an optimal setting (showing the full character set is recommended).
- A typographic piece which is not a type specimen showing may also be exhibited. All fonts used must be noted.
- Include the name of the font(s), type designer, graphic designer, foundry, postal address and telephone number, email address, and website URL.
- Please do not include advertising literature or pricing in specimens or other artwork to be exhibited.
- All submissions must arrive at the SOTA/TypeCon offices by July 8, 2002.
- Submissions will not be returned, but may be picked up in person at the end of the conference. Please notify us in advance if you wish to pick up your submission(s).
Selections from the TypeGallery at TypeCon2002 will be displayed on the TypeGallery website at http://www.typegallery.com. So that we may include your submissions in this online showcase, please email 72 dpi JPEGs, GIFs or PDFs to mailto:email@example.com. Again, please include the name of the font(s), type designer, graphic designer, foundry, postal address and telephone number, email address, and website URL. Electronic files must be received by July 8, 2002.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no fee to have work exhibited in the TypeGallery. In return, we ask that you sign your submission(s) and donate them to the SOTA auction, TypeCon's fundraising event featuring typographic treasures. Conference attendees will be delighted to take home the unique pieces of typographic art featured in the TypeGallery. By donating your TypeGallery submissions, you will assist in SOTA's efforts to present future quality programming.
Please send all submissions (well-packaged to prevent damage) to:
Society of Typographic Aficionados
PO Box 770
Buffalo, NY 14213
Questions? Email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about TypeCon2002, please visit the conference website at http://www.typecon2002.com.