Can you identify this font/effect from TED talk?

How is this font/effect made? I would describe it in layman's terms as typewriter on cut-out paper. How can we replicate it? Need expert opinion help please...
or extensive use of effect


Would guessing it's typewriter on cut-out paper be uncouth?

I thought that too, but it appears to be a computer/digital effect, no?

I see no particularly digital effects (other than use of a digital typewriter font with the same irregularities on each character). Anyway, you could achieve something similar even in Word, carefully using text boxes.