Looking for a font....

I have seen a font that I want to use for a business card. I have searched various websites for hours but have not found it - although it is not especially novel.

I think the easiest way to describe it is as follows: the left side of the characters (I am only using caps) is not included. So an "E" looks like three horizontal lines. And a D looks like a backwards C. And a P looks like a small backwards C, raised up off the bottom line. And an N looks like a tilted V.

Does anyone know what this is called, or where I can find it?



Without an image (or a link to one), it's impossible to answer your question. How the OTHER characters or glyphs look is also important. BTW - you should probably use the "edit" link to move this out of the Design forum into the Type ID forum. .. Hope I'm not pre-empting you, Riccardo :)

- Herb

Is this business card intended for many people in a company or just a few? If you want a hand-written look for a small group, why not have someone hand-write them?

I have a small pet-peeve re faux hand-written type that's clearly mechanical. Not saying there aren't good versions out there. Just sayin'.


thanks for your comments.
Moving to the other forum - thanks for the idea
I am not looking for handwritten "look" - just that this is the only way I know to create it.

I cut the left part of Arial capitals "EDPH" and then tried to identify this "font's" image.
The only typeface matching is http://Gestalt HTF Linear by H&FJ
Is this the font your are looking for?

PS: I see that this font is not offered by H&FJ site anymore - I don't know why.

good try and thanks so much for trying - that is kinda close but not it

I would like to know what's the name of the pink font in this picture.

I used the cropping/matching method on a Futura and I found another 2 in the same style:

1. Edit by Margo Chase (T-26)
2. http://Labrat by Apostrophic Laboratories

...and a script of same style: Bleak Future Hand by Jeni Pleskow (1997)

See the glyphs A-R below:

...but all these fonts seems rather unreadable to me, although I have to admit it depends on the actual text set - sometimes my eyes read the whole words and it's fine.

Then there is the classic Bifur.

This style, it's called 'shadow', right? Or was it 'shaded'?

@fvilanakis – You bellowed?

Edit: (To) bellow = (to) shout loudly / (a) bellow = loud shout or roar. It's kinda surprising how often Anglophones muggle up below and bellow. 'Eck, there are some that habitually write 'allot' when they mean 'a lot'.

Oh! thanks Reynir, I didn't even know the word "bellow" ;)
(I will fix my previous message from "bellow" to "below")