Here's the proposal so far. Tell me what's wrong with it. Please.
For Font Buyers:
1. Understandable Licensing: all fonts licensed through iLUVfonts.com for traditional “print-based” projects will be subject to a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 End User Licensing Agreement. Period.
2. All fonts distributed through iLUVfonts.com will be digitally signed and certified virus-free.
3. All fonts distributed through iLUVfonts.com will carry a unique serial number, to safeguard your purchase against unauthorized piracy.
4. Forever Font Insurance: for a nominal fee, each font license through iLUVfonts.com will carry a lifetime, free upgrade option. Any revisions to the content or form—at any future date, until you drop dead—of any iLUVfonts font will be free to insured buyers, who will receive email notification of such upgrades, and a special download code for fulfillment.
5. In an effort to keep Customer Service costs down, all fonts licensed through iLUVfonts.com will be sold as-is, no refunds and no exchanges, and no exceptions. If a bona fide technical flaw exists in sold fonts, buyers will receive a free upgrade, whether or not they participate on the Forever Fonts Insurance program.
1. Webfont distribution will be handled by a selected partner exclusively, who will handle all licensing, distribution and billing issues.
2. Embedding in electronic documents and videogames will follow a simple percentage-of-retail-price formula, the amount of which will be determined by forecast gross sales figures. Licensing fees will be paid to Licensor at each individual point of sale. No perpetual licenses will be issued, nor will global rights be assigned under any cisrumstances,
3. Until Apple makes its App codebase less susceptible to hacking, requests for embedding fonts in any Bezier format within App Store apps will be respectfully denied.
For Vendors of Customized Products
1. Vendors who provide customized products may access the complete iLUVfonts catalog via a special plug-in to the vendor’s website. For a single, flat, reasonable one-time fee, the vendor’s customers may use selected fonts in their projects, whether or not it is a single-word headline or extensive text for a hard-copy document. Furthermore, vendors and their customers will have access to a comprehensive collection of graphic elements, available for one-time licensing at a very attractive price.
For Educational Institutions
1. Special Promotional Rates for enrolled students, access to online resources to support learning, and an opportunity for students to engage in real-world projects by designing specimen sheets for any product in the font catalog. “Winning” entries, determined by a majority of peers, will appear on the iLUVfonts website, with full credit given to the winners.
For Sellers of Fonts.
1. Low Overhead: all commissions, fees and accounting charges will be limited to no more than 25% of each sale and, ideally, substantially less. In return, vendors will be responsible for all content creation to support their sales through a template-based CMS system.
2. Access to Digital Signature, Unique Serial Number and Forever Font Insurance Protection at no additional cost to vendor.
3. Flexible Payment Options: choose either Immediate Payment at Point of Sale, or 30-day Carryover Plan. Immediate Payment Plan users will be subject to the access fee charged by our payment processor, but will have full access to their funds as they accrue. The 30-day Carryover Plan will eliminate this fee, and funds will be transferred to vendor’s bank account every thirty days, within five days of the close of each month. If the amount being carried over globally meets certain thresholds, Carryover Plan participants may opt into an insured Money Market plan, administered by an independent, accredited investment firm, which will allow investors to make a return their Carryover funds.
4. Organic Evolution: as traffic grows, additional incentives to customers will be added, including but not limited to discussion forums, a TypoWiki, online specimen book library, and Webinars, featuring video interviews with noted luminaries in the fields of typography, graphic design, and so forth.