I've upgraded Fontlab to 5.1.2 and my Mac to 10.8.1 and (now?) no kerning classes are working.
Existing files have stopped working; existing sets work for only the main glyph, and new/fresh attempts fail as well.
Typical sets look like this for my existing file left-side classes:
_VW_L: V' W Wacute Wcircumflex Wdieresis Wgrave
This had been working perfectly for the last few years of development.
So I've tried this:
• Make a new file with only A, V, and W
• Drew new shapes in each (no copy, all new info and shapes)
• Built a kerning class called _V with _V: V' W as the class
• Went to Kerning Mode and typed AVAWA
• Dragged the second A towards the V
The A is closer to the V as I moved it, but the third A doesn't move closer to the W
Expanding the kerning classes fixes the missing pairs, but with errors so I cannot output successfully (and I shouldn't have to flatten to get this work, right?).
All existing classes do not work for previous files—so I'm a bit out of sorts.
Did I forget something? Miss the obvious code marker? Argh!