New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I've upgraded Fontlab to 5.1.2 and my Mac to 10.8.1 and (now?) no kerning classes are working.
Existing files have stopped working; existing sets work for only the main glyph, and new/fresh attempts fail as well.
Typical sets look like this for my existing file left-side classes:
_VW_L: V' W Wacute Wcircumflex Wdieresis Wgrave
This had been working perfectly for the last few years of development.
So I've tried this:
• Make a new file with only A, V, and W
• Drew new shapes in each (no copy, all new info and shapes)
• Built a kerning class called _V with _V: V' W as the class
• Went to Kerning Mode and typed AVAWA
• Dragged the second A towards the V
The A is closer to the V as I moved it, but the third A doesn't move closer to the W
Expanding the kerning classes fixes the missing pairs, but with errors so I cannot output successfully (and I shouldn't have to flatten to get this work, right?).
All existing classes do not work for previous files—so I'm a bit out of sorts.
Did I forget something? Miss the obvious code marker? Argh!