New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
My name is Craig and I'm currently in my third year of BA (Hons) Graphic Design. I am in the process of writing my dissertation, and my chosen question is: In what ways are free font license websites affecting the type design industry and professional type foundries?
To summarise I am going to investigate:
- how and why have free font websites developed
- opinions on free font websites and how often people use them.
- the legality issues with font licenses to see what part this plays in the industry (commercial licenses, piracy and intellectual property)
- the wider debate of amateur vs professional in a number of creative industries.
- how it is affecting professional foundries
I'm going to leave the subject open without questions, but I would really appreciate if you could briefly explain your views and opinion on the subject.
Any reading recommendations would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance