Lowercase Capital A

specialcow's picture

Looking for cursive fonts where the uppercase A is in the shape of a lowercase A. Is there a term for that? And/or any suggestions?

hrant's picture

Look under "uncial", "semi-uncial", "unicase" and "ambicase".

And I remember one/some of the Andron fonts having that.


eliason's picture

By "cursive" do you mean a script typeface? Or italic?
Adios script

HVB's picture

Almost all fonts that are designed to help teach cursive handwriting have that feature. See D'Nealian fonts. Here are some images

- Herb

specialcow's picture

Great, thanks!

specialcow's picture

eliason: I suppose I just meant slanty and non-roman. Thanks for the suggestion!

Theunis de Jong's picture

One of the alternate forms of Zapfino has such an A. Ah -- it's Zapfino Four. It's probably available as a stylistic set in Zapfino Pro.

Syndicate content Syndicate content