Naming a typefaces is probably one of the greatest pains that comes with typographic design. As usual, my list of name alternatives grows faster than a rabbit population, and the chance to decide upon one falls into the deep. One is tempted to eeny-meeny-miny-moe... but there's this other mind:
- To which extent is the name of a font a catalyst for good sales?
- How important are these characteristics in your opinion?: (e.g. Is Palatino a name as good as Book Antiqua?)
- A name that relates to yourself.
- A ‘good looking’ name.
- A ‘good sounding’ name.
- Great number of letters with different characteristics (a show-off name).
- Length of the name.
- Single word vs. multiple words.
Note that I just want to know your personal priorities, not which one you think is ‘the most efficient’.
Examples of names you like (whatever the reason) are also appreciated.