I've been wracking my brain and searching my type books trying to identify the typeface regularly used on the cover of vintage Harlequin romance novels, but so far I've had no luck.

The good news is I have an extensive sample character set:

It's not Tiffany, though some of the letters are clearly close.

Does anyone have any guesses? This is driving me crazy!

Thank you in advance for any help!

I know i've seen this all over, but can't figure out what it is exactly...

I keep coming across these flourishes but can't seem to find where they originated. I assumed they were Dover clip art since they have a vintage or antique look, but cannot find them in any of their ornament books. Perhaps these flourishes are a font... Does anyone know where these specific ornaments are from?

I know I have seen this before a few times so I know it must be out there somewhere...can anyone tell me where I can buy it or even better if it is free : )


Indices : Terminology : Terminal : Finial

A kind of terminal at the end of a stroke or arm. See also flourish and decoration.

Syndicate content Syndicate content