New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Really, I think that the tech company should be held at least partly responsible.
Rule number one is that you simply don't change people's messages on them.
I'm working on a set of packagings in different languages and I'd need to know what difficulties I could find in terms of type, composition, if it's written from left to right or top to bottom. If there's a wiki or a site where I can read information about it please let me know. Here's the list of the languages and what I know so far:
- greek: left to right, no problems with Myriad
- indonesian: from left to right, can work it out as english, no problem
- corean: top to bottom, no problems in terms of type but wondering how to work the text direction
- hindu: not sure if it's left to right, problems with type
- thai: not sure if it's left to right, problems with type
does anyone knows what font is used for turkish road signs?
thanks a lot for your help
I've recently come across numerous examples of old pocket watches made for the Ottoman market bearing unfamiliar numerals. I don';t know if they're a stylized version of the standard numerals used in Arabic, or something else entirely. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?