New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I've upgraded Fontlab to 5.1.2 and my Mac to 10.8.1 and (now?) no kerning classes are working.
Existing files have stopped working; existing sets work for only the main glyph, and new/fresh attempts fail as well.
Typical sets look like this for my existing file left-side classes:
_VW_L: V' W Wacute Wcircumflex Wdieresis Wgrave
This had been working perfectly for the last few years of development.
So I've tried this:
• Make a new file with only A, V, and W
• Drew new shapes in each (no copy, all new info and shapes)
• Built a kerning class called _V with _V: V' W as the class
• Went to Kerning Mode and typed AVAWA
• Dragged the second A towards the V
The A is closer to the V as I moved it, but the third A doesn't move closer to the W
Seeing as how the good folks at Typophile are making rumblings about improvements*, I figured to throw out something. It's not some breakthrough idea, but I'm hoping it gets enough traction that sooner rather than later it becomes a reality.