bold round slab serif

Hi all

I'm a newbie so I hope this doesn't seem impolite for a first post. I am trying to recreate the John Craven's Newsround logo from the 1970s era and I'm struggling with the typeface used.

Please see the attachment. I know that the words "John Craven's" are pretty much a version of Flash Bold but I am really foxed by the large rounded sans serif used for the main font: "NEWSROUND".

This font is very familiar to me, but I have about 3000 fonts on my computer. I went bananas after sampling about 120.

Thanks again!

Hello all. I need to identify this font from a client's logo - the letters I've included in the samples are the only ones I have. Looks like a classic face, almost Garamond-style. The centers of the serifs curve in slightly, the oval dots above the i's are severely rotated and almost touching the bottom of the letter, and the bar of the lowercase e is angled as well.

The client said they think the font is "James", but I can't locate that font. Any help would be appreciated!

Syndicate content Syndicate content